Quick Facts and FAQs
- Founded November 1, 1987
- Singularly focused on providing Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) solutions
- Conflict-free business model
- Privately owned, with broad and meaningful staff participation
- Seasoned team of 39 investment professionals
- SEC-registered investment adviser
- 27 discretionary OCIO relationships
- Approximately $23 billion in discretionary assets under management
- Client mix of pensions, nonprofits (endowments, foundations, and healthcare systems), sovereign wealth funds, and family assets
Q: What is your main line of business?
A: Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) solutions.
Q: How long have you been providing discretionary services?
A: 32 years.
Q: What is your average client tenure?
A: 9.9 years (5 of our clients have been with us for more than 20 years).
Q: What is your average client size?
Q: What is your median client size?
Q: What is the size of your investment team, and the average tenure?
A: Strategic employs 39 investment professionals. The 8 most senior – three CIOs and 5 asset class heads – have an average of 20 years at the firm and 30 years of industry experience.
Q: How many professionals have earned a CFA designation?
Q: How many staff members have MBAs or PhDs?
Q: Do you use proprietary products?
A: No. That would present a conflict of interest and we choose to be aligned with our clients.
Q: Are you GIPS® compliant?
A: Yes. We believe we were the first dedicated OCIO to achieve GIPS compliance.
Q: Do you implement SRI / ESG / Mission – Related Investments for Clients?
A: Yes. We have worked with clients to align their investments with their mission since 1989.
Strategic Investment Group® (“Strategic”) claims compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards ("GIPS®"). Strategic, a pioneer in dedicated Outsourced CIO (OCIO) solutions since 1987, offers a comprehensive service platform for managing customized portfolios for institutional investors. Our proprietary process combines active portfolio management, rigorous risk management, and open-architecture manager selection. To receive a compliant presentation and/or the firm’s list of composite descriptions, please contact Nikki Kraus at email@example.com.
GIPS® is a registered trademark owned by CFA Institute. CFA Institute does not endorse or promote this organization, nor does it warrant the accuracy or quality of the content contained herein.